Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Courage

This past Sunday, our pastor, spoke about courage during his sermon. The theme was "And then some, Courage is required!"

In our sermon notes, it read "Miracles don't make life easier; they often stir up circumstances that require great courage."

I was hit hard by the things that he spoke about, and Jay challenged us to do this:

1.) Count the costs
2.) Decide Now
3.) Prepare Well
4.) Practice until it is habit
5.) Remember your Reason

There are a couple of things that God really laid on my heart during the sermon that need to change, and I know that I am being challenged to make a change. During the sermon, I fought hard to keep the tears back, and it was tough, because I know that there are areas of my life that need change. I thought about laying each one of these out separately here; however, I don't think that this is the place to fully disclose these things that are heavy on my heart.

I hope to circle back and to continue to check in on my progress or share with you all when I've made progress. I pray that I will have the courage to get where my heart desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment