Thursday, August 9, 2012

Tears

I used to laugh at my mother when she would cry about silly things...I remember watching movies with her or even reading the "Chicken Soup for the Soul" books out loud to her as a young girl, and she would always cry. My sister and I poked fun at her, and we couldn't believe that she could cry at things that at the time we couldn't imagine crying about.

Now, here I am after two children, and I will cry at almost anything. I read a blog about someone moving to a new city, and I feel the tears welling up in my eyes. I think about something that's not even really sad, and it can make me tear up. I watch a sad movie, and I cry. I hear about anyone particularly children that are sick, and I cry. I hear about families that have a sick parent with young children or a parent that has passed away, and I sob.

I do not understand what is wrong with me! Is it the hormones?! It started as I got older, but after two kids, it's unstoppable. Maybe it's because I worry for my children and my family, and I worry about what would happen to them if something happened to Grant or I. I feel so incredibly blessed and undeservingly so...God has blessed us so immensely, and he's given me the perfect family who I love for and care for with all of my heart. I know that God will provide, and he has a plan for us always. I'm going to be doing a weekend project with Weston on Saturday, and I'm excited to share it with you all.

And opening His mouth He began to teach them, saying, "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. "Blessed are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth. "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied. "Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy. "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. "Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. "Blessed are you when men cast insults at you, and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely, on account of Me. "Rejoice, and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Matthew 5:2-12 

Here are some links to some posts that I've seen recently that just have me choked up and nearly in tears:
- Video to 1st Son announcing 2nd Pregnancy  
 
- Her son starting Kindergarten...I can't even imagine and don't want to think about it. :)

- On being a Zombie Mommy (I can so relate...shh, but William almost never sleeps through the night at 10.5 months old. ):)

- On God & Family

No comments:

Post a Comment