Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Homemade Laundry Detergent

So, last November, I bookmarked Jessica's post on how they made Homemade Laundry Detergent. I'm a long time follower of Jessica's blog, and I knew instantly that I wanted to make detergent for our house after reading her blog. I didn't make it immediately, because we had the holidays both Thanksgiving and Christmas, and we got crazy busy! However, right before I started back to work, Grant and I broke down and made laundry detergent.

I didn't take any great photos, so please refer to Jessica's blog, for photos. We used the exact same recipe and method as Jessica; however, we also added a couple of drops of lavender essential oils to our detergent, because I felt like the citrus smell was good but a bit over powering. It is not nearly as strong when you dilute it, but it scared me when we first started mixing things up and melting the bar of soap.

I've passed this on to a number of my friends now and so far, everyone is enjoying this recipe. Give it a try! I hope you'll all like it, and it's not difficult at all, and it doesn't take long to make!

Also, one thing to note is that it does separate between uses, so shake well between uses and don't let the separation scare you that you didn't do something right! :) 

ENJOY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment