Thursday, September 13, 2012

Don't Rush...

Today, I was scrolling through FB when I saw that a friend of mine had posted this link on lasts, and I couldn't help but feel sad. All too often, I'm completely and totally focused on my busy day and what I've got to do next, that I don't take in these sweet times with my children.

Weston is at such a sweet age/stage, and he will want me hold his hand or help him do something, and I realize how often I tell him that I'll sit down later or I'll play with him later. It's not intentional, and I enjoy those times with him, but as a mother, I have my plate full. I'm traveling for work a lot, so I've been away from home regularly. I'm taking on too many tasks outside of the home...participating in organizations as Secretary of the GC&SU IT Alumnae Advisory Board, as well as, State Alumnae Chairman for the State of Georgia for Delta Zeta Sorority. I'm also working full time, and I'm trying to keep up with house work, laundry, my kids and my husband, as well as, trying to do things for myself. Spend time with friends, work-out and enjoy some shopping and alone time.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to fit it all in! I pick the boys up in the afternoon, and I have to rush to get dinner made quickly, so the boys can eat, then have a bath and be in bed on time. After dinner, I try to work out, but I'm exhausted after a busy day, and I have to clean up around the house and do laundry and prepare for the following day. As most of you, it's unending!

Anyways, I all too often tell me kids to wait or say "not tonight", because I'm overwhelmed with all the things on my plate. I'm making a promise to myself and my children to say "yes" and lay down with them when they need me to or play with them when they want to play. I don't know when it will be the last time that they request or need a certain thing, and I don't want to miss it. '


No comments:

Post a Comment